If you are not familiar with deep imagery, this "recipe" is the formula that will guide you on your inward journeys. Use this recipe to access the world of your sacred imagination, to call forth teachers and helpers from within. This recipe will stay posted here for your use. You will find that this template for your inner journeys is strong enough to hold whatever needs to happen as you journey to your inner knowing for understanding, growth, healing and advice.
1. Protect the space. Pray.
2. Quiet your mind. Relax your body.
3. Invite an image to come forth.
4. Enter the emerging story, using the five essential ingredients.
The 5 Essential Ingredients
I. Greet the image. Thank it for coming.
II. Ask the image whether it has a message for you, something to show or tell you. (“Listen” with all of your inner senses for an answer. Respond honestly.)
III. Ask the image whether it needs anything. (“Listen” with all of your inner senses for an answer. Respond honestly.)
IV. Ask whether anything more needs to happen.(“Listen” with all of your inner senses for an answer. Respond honestly.)
V. Thank the image for coming. (You may ask the imagery for a parting gift of words, images, or a gesture.) Say “good-bye” in a way that feels right.
5. Readjust to the outer, physical world.
6. Record your journey.
7. Integrate your journey. Always be real. Always be honest. Allow yourself freedom in your inner world. It is your world. Be respectful. Stay with what is happening. Be sure to include the five essential ingredients. As with any recipe, ingredients may be added, subtracted, or substituted to alter the recipe according to personal taste.